HORSEBACK RIDING AROUND THE 4 CUSCO RUINS
Enjoy a different experience, visiting 4 fascinating monuments built by the Incas. We will ride a horse through a route full of natural landscapes typical of the Peruvian Andes; accompanied by the cultural wisdom of our guide and making stops in Qenqo, Puca Pucara, Tambomachay and the impressive ceremonial fortress of Sacsayhuaman.
The “Four Ruins” Tour with “Horseback Riding Cusco” takes you to the most famous archeological sites around Cusco city. Such as: Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay and the fabulous Sacsayhuaman. Visit this places riding a horse is a great experience.
Destination: Sacsayhuaman Four Ruins in cusco
Departure: All Year
- Begin from: Cusco
- End in: Cusco
- Daily departures from Cusco.
- Altitude at Machu Picchu – 2400m / 7873ft.
- Weather – dry from May to October, wet from November to April
- Departure time: 09:00 a.m. or 14 p.m.(to be confirmed).
- Arrival time back in Cusco 13:30 p.m. (to be confirmed).
- This is a MUST DO tour in Cusco – NOT to be missed !
Places that are visited in Tour Horseback Riding Cusco
DAY 01 : Horseback Riding CUSCO- SACSAYHUAMAN- CUSCO
We have 2 daily shift , 9 am. or 2 pm. We will go to Sacsayhuaman located to the North of the city. There we Start the Riding, visiting the magnificent Q’enqo temple, Puca Pucara, and the temple of the water Tambomachay. We can also see a panoramic view of the city. then Return to Cusco.
Sacsayhuaman can be variously translated as ‘speckled falcon’ or ‘speckled head’. The last interpretation refers to the belief that the city of Cusco was set out in the form of a puma whose head was the hill of Sacsayhuaman. The origins are uncertain but the fortress is generally attributed to the period of Inca Pachacuti, the man who essentially founded the Inca empire.
Here is made the famous Inti Raymi or Festival of the Sun on June 24 of each year.
Just 200 meters from Sacsayhuaman is our next destination Q’enqo (Labyrinth or Zigzag) This is one of the finest examples of a rock artfully carved in situ showing complex patterns of steps, seats, geometric reliefs and a puma design. It was religious center dedicated to the worship of the Earth and, according to some theories, funerary rituals. Our next visit is Puca Pucara (Red Fort) was used as a center for military use and control, as well as a place where travelers may have lodged here with their goods and animals before entering or leaving Cusco.
Our last destination, is Tambomachay (Cavern Lodge) have played an important religious function linked to water and land regeneration. It is estimated that was built around 1500 AD. The site covers approximately one acre and the material used for its construction was limestone with polygonal style gear. It has the following sectors: industry sources at various levels with terraces at the base is a source of great size has two important channels ritual.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- Transport to the Ranch from your hotel
- Horse with basic equipment
- “Horse Man” (non english speaking) to lead you at walking pace.
Does Not Include
- Entrance fee to Tambomachay, Saqsawaman, Qenqo and Puca pucara 70 Soles (Partial Tourist Ticket -Boleto Turistico) 40 Soles with ISIC student card. OR Cusco Tourist Ticket (130 soles approx US$45, valid for 14 places included the Sacred Valley of the Incas.)
- Transport return back to town ( Direct 15 .20 mimnutes walk down to town) Taxi for 15 Soles.
What you need to take:
- Boots or Sturdy walking shoes
- Pants are recommended not shorts
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Camera and film
- November to April rainy season.
Group Service Price:
US$ 60 per person (just included the tour guide and transportation), Pick up from Inkaland office.
Private Service Price:
– 1 person US$ 115 per person
– 2 people US$ 85 per person
– 3 people US$ 75 per person
– 4 people US$ 70 per person
– 5+ people US$ 65 per person
Student Discount: US$10 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$10
** Please NOTE: Private Tours are 100% run by Inkaland while in the Group Service if there are 6 or less people in the group will be conducted by our partners.
This is a Must DO tour in Cusco!